At BT, our products embody our creativity, our ethics and our commitment to our clients:
In 1999, Big Timberworks became a worker’s cooperative, giving each employee-owner a vested interest in the quality of their products while ensuring that the spirit of creation lives on. Currently, we have 12 member-owners that share in the governance and profits that BT earns. Learn more about our co-op members below.
- Joined BT in 1989
- Enjoys the BT employee culture that is created daily.
- Originally from Nebraska and his “Cornhusker” roots run deep red.
Timber Framer / TF Training Specialist
- A Montana native, Tom has worked at BT since 1986.
- Grew up having his hands in various building projects, which nurtured his passion for timber framing.
- When not in the shop, Tom enjoys all that the gorgeous area of Bozeman has to offer
Designer / Craftsman
- Worked at BT since 2003.
- Scott and his wife Lisa have four children; Sam, Audrey, Emma and Sadie.
- Favorite activities include skiing, sailing and of course woodworking.
Darrell La Bonte
Sawyer / Remanufacturing Specialist
- Darrell joined BT in 2001 and has become the lead sawyer.
- Originally from Spooner, WI and now a resident of Three Forks, MT, he enjoys nothing better than spending time with his wife and kids at the end of the day.
- Has a dog appropriately named Hunter, who spends an inordinate amount of time chasing rabbits at BT.
Executive Officer / Timber Frame Manager
- Born and raised in Wheaton, IL.
- Made his way to Montana and BT in 1994.
- Hudson is passionate about doing things well and building relationships that will stand the test of time.
- Most important to Hudson are his wife Holly, and three children, Hannah, Hudson Taylor and Helene.
- If you visit BT, you will likely find his dog Hercules on his desk.
Timber Frame Project Manager
- Worked with BT since 2004.
- Earned his PhD from UMass Amherst in Molecular and Cellular Biology.
- When not at work, you will find Kevin enjoying the outdoors with his wife while hiking, skiing and biking.
- Chris has been with BT since 1992.
- He brings his timber frame knowledge and skills all the way from Eagle River, AK.
- Outside of timber framing, he is passionate about astronomy, cosmology, music and biking – all enjoyed best when shared with his family.
Timber Frame Project Manager
- Originally from Butte, MT, Bob has worked at BT since 1997.
- Very passionate about the “olden ways”, implementing the basics of old schooling with his hands and raw materials, into the timber projects he is involved in.
- Bob is a complete softie when around his daughter McKenzie and his Boston terrier puppy, Caliber.
Executive Officer / Sawmill Manager
- Originally from Cambridge, MN, Mike now happily enjoys the terrain of Montana.
- Starting in 1995, Mike is fluent in wood and knows exactly how it needs to be handled to ensure it becomes an integral part of a new or existing building design.
- Mike enjoys the customers he engages with at BT, along with the rewarding “hunt” of locating old wood from all over the country.
- Vance joined BT in 1996, and he and his dog Buddy can be found throughout the facility making sure the company runs like a well-oiled machine.
- Born in Maine, he moved to Montana at the age of four and deeply enjoys the Big Sky Country’s great outdoor activities.
- Vance enjoys writing songs and sharing uplifting music at church and with his wonderful family and eleven grandchildren.
- Has been with BT since 2012.
- Grew up in Great Falls, MT and has lived in Bozeman for 20+ years.
- The root of her passions, outside of work, spring from being involved with her family while engaging in the various activities they partake in together, especially Griz football games and the annual trips to Glacier National Park.
- Has a love for the art of making things and his talent shows in the various projects he has been involved with at BT since 2015.
- Outside of work, he is passionate about his own sculptural metalwork.
- Other interests include dirt biking, playing soccer, and billiards.